Fall Weekend FunOctober 12, 2015
Almond Banana Baked OatmealDecember 27, 2015
About this time 6 months ago I was checking the weather every 3 minutes, munching on carby banana bread, and prepping for the most memorable day of my life (to date). When I think back to our special day, I thank my lucky stars for not only having an incredible celebration, but an even better marriage. Grant, you make me a better person every single day. I am so, so glad you chose me. Here’s to many more made up celebrations for you to remember and reasons for flowers and cake. I know you love them… And, I love you!
You can catch a glimpse of our day here and here. And watch a snippet here.
A few things I’ve learned over the past 6 months:
- Grant is even more type A than I am. Seriously. You might even consider him more “particular” than me.
- He is really good at doing laundry. Like really good. Hasn’t shrunk a single thing and knows how to separate into a bajillion piles!
- His sweet teeth are slowly growing. Someday he’ll love dessert at any time of day.
- He helps me relax and slow down. I’m always going a million miles a minute and I love that when we’re together time slows just a little bit.
- I love planning fun adventures and activities for us to do.
- He is the best travel buddy ever. All the water I could ever want. And snacks!
A few things Grant has learned in the past 6 months:
- We’ve had to learn each other’s love languages. We have a much better relationship when we’re in sync.
- Hilari is a cover hog.
- When she gets really stressed out, she likes to bake. Our freezer is evidence of this. It must have been a really stressful 6 months.
- She can’t say “no.” This means she’s a friend to everyone and has us always involved in some activity.
- She likes football. Possibly even more than me.
- Hilari is allergic to everything that isn’t food. No pets in our future!
Most of all, I think we’re both really glad we got married 🙂 Thanks again to all of our amazing people who celebrated our GOLDEN day in Nashville with us! The weekend wouldn’t have been the same without y’all’s love and support!