Hey, y’all! How’s it going?
I’ve debated writing this post for the longest time. Is there ever a good time to “come back” to a blog? I want everything to be perfect but let’s be honest, there is no perfect, so we’re going to go with good enough. I took a little hiatus from writing around my birthday in April… and over 7 months later, here we are! Do you like the new design and layout? I finally have an actual logo and I love it. My amazingly talented friend, Caroline, designed it all for me.
A lot has happened since my last post. Here’s a little recap although this definitely doesn’t cover it all:
- Celebrated my birthday in Nashville
- Celebrated Easter in Phoenix
- Went to a food blogging conference in Salt Lake City
- Celebrated my cousin’s college graduation in Madison
- Celebrated two years of marriage with a trip to Iceland (it was magical!)
- Taught a summer class for Vanderbilt here in Chicago
- Went to Phoenix for a week of video filming and on set work
- Went to Nashville to hang out with the girls I used to nanny for a week
- Celebrated Erin & John’s wedding in Atlanta
- Celebrated the 4th of July in Chicago
- Worked at a food photography workshop in Ann Arbor
- Donated bone marrow in July (was out of commission for about three weeks)
- Celebrated Melanie & Phillip’s engagement in Nashville
- Played tourist in Chicago with my friend Megan
- Surprised my mom on her birthday in Phoenix
- Went to the Green Bay Packers @ Atlanta Falcons football game
- Went to Nashville for a week of fun, friends, and exploring
- Went to Baltimore a few times for work
- Went to visit my grandparents in Wisconsin and organize all of my childhood keepsakes
- Spent a week exploring Charlotte and the surrounding area
- Learned how to decorate sugar cookies FINALLY!
- Became a bookworm (on my 15th book so far this year)
- Continued prioritizing healthy habits and living (although this has been a struggle with lack of routine)
- Supported and celebrated Grant’s new career opportunity
Needless to say, it’s been an insanely crazy few months but I think life is slowing down a little bit and I’m excited to get back to a routine (or finally get into a routine) just in time for the holiday season!
But tell me, what do YOU want to read more about? I want this to be a place you come to for inspiration, simplicity, and happiness. Send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org), a message on Instagram, or comment below with what you’d like to read about!