June was CRAZY. Where did it go? Where has this year gone? We are officially halfway through 2019 and it’s flying by- we say this every year. Does life ever slow down? Probably not so I’m going to work on savoring every day for the remainder of this year. You too? I fully intended to write a recap of May but life happened. So here’s a peek into June and all of the life we crammed into it!
Travel: Squeezed in a visit to almost all of our favorite places this month. 10 flights total and there’s no sign of stopping this whirlwind anytime soon!
- Nashville: Flew in for the day to celebrate my dear friend Carli and sweet baby Sully on the way!
- Chicago: Made 4 trips just for fun 🙂 We definitely miss the city.
- Work: Spent a week at Sally’s baking and brainstorming.
Books: I’ve been trying to find 20-30 minutes every day to read- definitely didn’t happen this month but read 3 really great books!
- A Man Called Ove: Can’t believe it took me so long to read it. I didn’t love the first half but loved the ending. It’s a movie now, too!
- The Coincidence of Coconut Cake: LOVED this book. Super cheesy but I smiled the entire way through it. It takes place in Milwaukee and I loved all of the local references!
- The Overdue Life of Amy Byler: A super sweet read- made me really reflect on how I’m spending my time and prioritizing (or lack of) self care.
Shows/Movies: Always on the lookout for fun new shows to watch. Summer TV is kind of meh- basically filling our time before football starts!
- The Chef Show: Started this Netflix series last night and love it! It’s something Grant and I both enjoy watching 🙂
- Secret Life of Pets 2: So cute! But we both liked the original better.
- Wine Country
In the Kitchen: Made a few favorites and tried some new recipes this month.
- Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Rosemary Black Pepper Bread (added fresh rosemary and tons of cracked black pepper) – was actually a little spicy!
- Black Bean Burgers
- Breakfast Cookies
- Split Pea Soup
- Lots of giant cookies – recipe testing to hopefully sell them someday!
Hap: She’s such a sweetie! In May she passed her service dog test so she’s been enjoying going everywhere!!
Favorite Memory: Walking through Chicago at 5:30am on a Monday. The city was still asleep, the sun was rising on Lake Michigan, and everything felt “right.”
That’s it! What was your favorite memory in June?